AUDIO-VISUAL EQUIPMENT LOAN WAIVER SELKIRK COLLEGE LIBRARY
By checking out the equipment and related accessories, I understand:
- The loan period is 3 days. No renewals.
- A $5.00 late fee will be assessed for each day or portion thereof that the equipment is returned past its due date to a maximum of $25.00 per item. Fines will be recorded on the borrower’s library record and may result in borrowing and registration restriction. A $15.00 processing fee may also be assessed.
- Returning equipment more than 7 days late will result in a permanent suspension of equipment borrowing privileges.
- Any equipment returned with stains from food or other substances will be assessed a $15.00 cleaning fee.
- That replacement costs are associated with each device if damaged or lost.
- I will reimburse Selkirk College for the cost of repairing/replacing this equipment and/or accessories if they are lost, stolen, or damaged while checked out on my library account.
- I will comply with the Selkirk College Responsible Use of College Facilities and Equipment policy. Any abuse may result in disciplinary action.
- That any documents, photographs, recordings, etc. created on or transferred to the device while in my possession will be erased from the device after its return. It is my responsibility to copy any documents, photographs, recordings, etc. I wish to retain to another separate storage medium before returning the device. The library is not responsible for storing, transferring or backing up this data.
- I agree that costs for any content I purchase for the equipment (software, apps, music, films, etc.) cannot be returned or refunded by the Library and that such content will be erased from the device upon return.
- The AV equipment must be returned directly to a member of the Library staff at the Selkirk Library, Castlegar, Silver King or Tenth Street campus locations. The device must not be returned at a book drop or any other Selkirk College/Library location.
- If I keep the AV equipment past the due date, the Library reserves the right to suspend my library privileges (which may impact my ability to register for classes), to charge my account for the maximum overdue fines and full replacement costs which may be non-refundable and adjusted to reflect actual replacement costs.