Citation and Style Guides
Librarians are available to help you with your citation questions. In-person help is available Monday to Friday at the Castlegar Campus Library. Alternatively, reach us by phone or email.
APA (Psychology & Social Sciences)
- APA Citation Guide (2010) | Learn APA | Blog
- See also: Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th ed. REF BF 76.7 P83 2010
MLA (English & Humanities)
- MLA Citation Guide (2016) | FAQ
- See also: MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 8th ed. REF LB 2369 G53 2016
- History: Chicago Citation Guide (2010)
- Geography: Guide to the Author-Date System (Williams College)
- A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations: Chicago Style for Students and Researchers, 7th ed. / by Kate L. Turabian. REF LB 2369 T8 2007
- The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th ed. REF Z 253 C57 2010
- CSE website: Scientific Style and Format Citation Quick Guide
- Scientific Style and Format: The CSE Manual for Authors, Editors, and Publishers, 8th ed. REF T 11 S386 2014
OTHER CITATION GUIDES
- Chemistry: ACS Citation Style (Williams)
- The ACS Style Guide: Effective Communication of Scientific Information, 3rd ed. REF QD 8.5 A35 2006
- Canadian Anthropology Society (CASCA) (Okanagan College)
Citation Management Tools
There are many tools available to help you create and manage citations.
Tips: Be sure to review any citations generated with a tool. You may need to make corrections. Citation tools may be using a different edition of a citation style guide than those on the Library website.
- Library Databases: Most library databases will have a “Cite” or “Citation” tool. Use this to generate a citation for the source.
- Word Processing Software: MS Word and other word processing software may include citation management tools. In MS Word, look under the “References” tab.
- Zotero: Zotero is a free, open source tool to help you “collect, organize, cite, and share research.” https://www.zotero.org/
- ZoteroBib: ZoteroBib is a free tool that helps you to cite sources and create a bibliography in any citation style. https://zbib.org/